I love receiving emails from my readers and have found that some common questions keep coming up. So, I’ve decided to round them up in one spot for you.
- Were you on House Hunters International? That was us! We filmed our episode in May 2011 and it originally aired in November 2011. It apparently reruns a lot!
- What breed is Winston? Winston is a puggle.
- Who designed your blog? I did! I typically redesign it once or twice a year. It’s fun for me to experiment and learn new things with my own blog that I can apply to client sites.
- How old are you guys? Rob is 28 and I’m 29. Yikes…turning 30 this year!
- Can you help me with my Italian dual citizenship process? Unfortunately, we don’t offer dual citizenship consulting services (all the work we did for ours is enough to last a lifetime). Check out Kate’s Unofficial Guide to Italian Dual Citizenship. You may be surprised to discover that you can do everything on your own — and save a lot of money in the process!
- How do you afford to live abroad? We work as web/new media consultants. It’s fun stuff!
- What is the best thing about living in Italy? It’s impossible to pick just one! We love walking everywhere, shopping daily for fresh food and the general lifestyle that Florentines live.
- What’s the biggest misconception about your life in Italy? Most people assume we’re rich (we most definitely are not). A lot of people also think that we spend our days wandering the streets, visiting museums and eating gelato. Don’t get us wrong, we LOVE those activities, but most days we’re stuck inside working like everyone else. We just have the little bonus of the city of Florence outside our door for downtime!
- What’s the hardest part about living in Italy? Being away from family and struggling with language learning, without question.
- What’s an undiscovered museum I should know about? We both really love the Bargello, a sculpture museum that’s somewhat close to Palazzo Vecchio/the Uffizi. It’s rarely crowded and really beautiful.
- I’m visiting Florence with a baby…help! We’ve put together some of the FAQ of visiting Florence with a baby. You can read that post by clicking here.
- I’m visiting Florence soon and would like to get the scoop on local events and things. Any recommendations? The Florentine event calendar is great for that type of thing. They rarely miss a cool event.
Tech Solutions We’ve worked on a lot of websites over the years and our business is based entirely online. As such, we often get asked what tech solutions we use. In no particular order, here’s what we use/love: